Deepest darkest secrets...

MelissaSR

Moderator & mad scientist
Staff member
OK so not really secrets but I want to see your darkest geckos, I'm talking ones with little to no color. Not necessarily high white, I just know I have seen a few that have so much of the more natural pattern they have little to no additional color. I want to see those if you have them!

MichaelMDG

Administrator and Gecko Guru
Staff member
Ugh man. I had a GT years ago who went through a phase where he was completely black. He ended up rather dark green as an adult, but there was a period where he was really black. Here are my two:

Down the road, I'd really like to pair these two and see if they produce similarly black/white offspring.

Sarah_RainyDay

Chahoua Egg
My man, Onyx (PI). He NEVER fires up like this anymore, now he's just a chill sage green and apricot, but back when he was a feisty newer man in the house he could get very dark indeed, hence the name. He just hatched a kid who has very dark potential who will be available if you're looking!

Second pic was taken by Jon Boone, who I originally purchased from.

Attachments

MichaelMDG

Administrator and Gecko Guru
Staff member
My man, Onyx (PI). He NEVER fires up like this anymore, now he's just a chill sage green and apricot, but back when he was a feisty newer man in the house he could get very dark indeed, hence the name. He just hatched a kid who has very dark potential who will be available if you're looking!

Second pic was taken by Jon Boone, who I originally purchased from.
Very nice! You know I love that combination of orange/red highlights with a dark base!